Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU-Radio Companion Python flowgraph - return sig

From: Kevin Reid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU-Radio Companion Python flowgraph - return signal that it is finished?
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 19:55:40 -0700

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 7:46 PM Andrew Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
Understood. I do need to thread that tb.wait() because I have a callback to start the flow graph and a callback to stop the flow graph.  Say I start then wait for it in an independent thread.  Then say a different thread decides to stop it. How should the first thread that is waiting handle it? Would the results be unknown?

[Please make sure to always send your messages to the mailing list when replying.]

I don't know the answer to what would happen; what I would hope would happen is that the wait() returns as soon as it is stopped by either means. That would be consistent with other behavior (e.g. if you reuse a flowgraph, you must call wait() after stop() (to wait for cleanup, if any) before start()ing again.)

I encourage you to try it out.