Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quick CCERA news

From: Glen Langston
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quick CCERA news
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:59:38 -0400

Very nice work Marcus!

We’re working on various images of the sky too.   I’ve now got 4 horns running simultaneously
making transit observations at different elevations.  These all use
gnu radio for the data takings software and run on Raspberry Pi 4s in computer boxes
at the base of each horn.  We need scans spaced by about 5 degrees elevation, so
takes 23 scans, divided by 4 telescopes, = 6 days.  Plus calibration observations.
We now have a central host that has a GPS receiver and provides a NTP timing reference
to each of the Pis. All are now powered over ethernet, so only one ethernet cable to each horn.

The code and documentation is all at

http://www.github.com/WVURAIL/gr-radio_astro

and analysis which is really, not a part of gnu-radio, at
http://www.github.com/glangsto/analyze

Regards

Glen

PS What software are you using for gridding/mapping?