[Discuss-gnuradio] How to find out if device sink is finished writing sa

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to find out if device sink is finished writing samples to radio
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 14:22:31 +0300

Hi,
I have a problem with my flowgraphs: at the end of a transmission, I am pushing into the GNU radio source a number of bits which represent the tail end of the transmission. The rate of the flowgraph is not fixed, for some modes the bits will get through faster then for others. I'd like to know when the device sink has finished  writing the last sample to the radio so I can stop the transmitting flowgraph, start the receiving flowgraph or adjust the gain or operate an antenna switch.
So far I haven't found a way (callback?) to tell when the last sample is out of the flowgraph. I am using the C++ API of GNU radio.
Can anyone help me here?

Thanks,
Adrian