[Discuss-gnuradio] Building GNU Radio on Fedora 30 with pybomb to get a

From: Barry Scott
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building GNU Radio on Fedora 30 with pybomb to get a 3.8 installation
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 19:06:36 +0100

This is my first time using GNU radio.

The 3.8 release is what I wish to use as it supports PyQt5.

I am follow the instructions from the Wiki.

But it seems that I ended up with a 3.7 install after some issues
that I'll describe.

Specifically:

pip3 install --user pybombs
pybombs auto-config
pybombs recipes add-defaults
pybombs prefix init ~/gnuradio -R gnuradio-default

I am seeing failures. It seems that the build wants to use python2 packages
which it did not install. I have been making progress by installing the
missing packages.

dnf install python2-lxml python2-numpy
pip2 install --user mako
pip3 install --user mako

After that The build completed. But its a 3.7.13.5 build not the 3.8 I was
hoping for.

What is the recommended way to build gnu radio 3.8 in Fedora?
(I see that its not package for Fedora yet, even in rawhide).

Barry