[Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio 3.8 rc1 docker image for easy testing...

From: EJ Kreinar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio 3.8 rc1 docker image for easy testing...
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 19:30:40 -0400

Hi there,

Now that Marcus pushed the rc1 tag (Awesome work and of course thanks again to everyone!!), I wanted to test out 3.8 in a controlled/clean environment....  so I put together a docker build for gnuradio tag v3.8.0.0-rc1. I assume this is probably done somewhere (??) but I couldnt find anything on a quick search of the mailing list...

Anyway, here's the uhd and gnuradio build from source in a clean Ubuntu 18.04 image: https://gitlab.com/theseus-cores/theseus-docker/tree/master/gnuradio-3.8

I also pushed this image to docker hub, so if anyone is interested in a very quick and easy way to try gnuradio 3.8, and you have docker installed on ubuntu, you can try this:

```
docker run -it -e DISPLAY=$DISPLAY -v /tmp/.X11-unix:/tmp/.X11-unix theseuscores/gnuradio:v3.8.0.0-rc1 gnuradio-companion
```

(The GUI X11 forwarding might be different in other linux distros -- dont know for sure/havent tried)

You can of course add volume mounts in the usual docker way (`-v </local/path/to/data>:/home/developer/data`)  or you can hop into the command line by replacing "gnuradio-companion" with "/bin/bash"

Excited to play around! Best regards,
EJ