Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about GNU Radio Companion - Calling an e

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about GNU Radio Companion - Calling an external function from a QT GUI Push Button
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:05:54 +0000

Really quick:

* write a Python class that has a function that takes an argument, and
calls the external function you want
* write a GRC block definition (GNU Radio 3.7: XML file, GNU Radio 3.8:
YAML), wrapping that class
* in that, define a property that has a callback; use the function
you've defined above
* add the block to your flow graph
* use the ID of your push button in the aforementioned property.

I see no way of doing that with stock GNU Radio blocks.

Best regards,
Marcus