Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay determination between Tx and Rx signal for

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Delay determination between Tx and Rx signal for limesdr mini with help of gnu radio.
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 15:48:03 +0000

Dear Atiqur,

my concerns are less of the GRC variant, but of the DSP variant:

* If your GRC doesn't complain about you using Throttle together with
the hardware blocks, that's a bug in the hardware blocks. Anyway, NEVER
use Throttle with hardware blocks. You incur the two-clock problem, and
will run into overflows/underruns. You can't see that with a GNU Radio-
internal visualization. More info under [1].

* Your sampling rate is laughably low for SDR applications, which is
why I presume that the LimeSDR doesn't support sampling rates that are
so low.

* No matter what you say, an equalizer and a timing/phase recovery is
something to be done on the *receive* side, not on the transmit side.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1]
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/FAQ#When_do_I_use_a_throttle_block.3F