[Discuss-gnuradio] Custom GUI for OOT Block

From: Anderl, Florian
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Custom GUI for OOT Block
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 13:12:04 +0000

Dear all,

I am trying to write a custom GUI-block using QT. I was looking into the QT tree-module blocks in order to understand how the QApplication-instance that is created in the GRC-generated Python-file is used when setting up a generic GR qt-GUI (e.g. a standard  frequency sink).

Apparently the GR QT blocks use the "qApp" - MACRO that checks if there is already a QApplication instance. As one is spawned in the main python file, the GT QT Block recognizes this instance and returns a reference to some widget that is supposed to be displayed in the GUI associated with the QApplication instance.

I tried to mimic that and also check for "qApp". However, the QApplication instance is NOT regognized in my OOT QT block.

Maybe, there is some kind of collision of Qt-versions in the background since I am building my GUI with Qt5 but I cannot find any solution....

If you have any idea, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Florian Anderl

My environment:

GNU C++ version 8.2.0; Boost_106501; UHD_3.14.0.HEAD-0-g6875d061
GNUradio version: 3.7.13.4