[Discuss-gnuradio] [announcement] GNU Radio pre-3.8: dependency version

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [announcement] GNU Radio pre-3.8: dependency version bump for Python3 >= 3.6.5
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 22:56:52 +0200

Dear GNU Radio community,

part of the process of keeping GNU Radio future-proof is deciding
minimum versions for dependencies.
One of these dependencies is Python.
As you might have noticed, GNU Radio 3.8 will support both Python2
(2.7) and Python3.
As we want to be able to use newer Python features in releases after
GNU Radio 3.8, we'll start upping our minimum version.

A operating system survey yielded that the oldest sensible Python3
version to support is 3.6.5, so we'll bump the minimum acceptable
Python3 to that version on the `master` branch in a few days.

As usual, I'm open to feedback, questions, and cake.

Best regards,