discuss-gnu-gvb

meaning

From: Solly Barr
Subject: meaning
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:20:06 +0200

Even if I am your cousin, I had a good Christianraising out in the country before I came here.
He was silent for a moment, and just stared at her with his yellow,venous eyes.
He passed his thick hand across the reddish unshaved stubble of hisbeard.
In the space belowthe desk and between the surgeons fat legs there was a gallon jugof corn whisky. Richard Jeter Ebbs was, or where she came from, or who or what herfamily was.
Hes going todie anyway, so youve got nothing to worry about at all.
Most of them arewhite as snow compared to you.
And yet it would get me nothing; even if I wereMrs.
She looked at him with hard eyes touched with pity and regret.
If its a woman that you want the woods arefull of em. In the space belowthe desk and between the surgeons fat legs there was a gallon jugof corn whisky.
AfterPapa is gone, well get away from it.
Now it is getting farther off, across the riverfrom the casket factory. She wants to know ifyou are coming home tonight. Jannadeau, andMyrtis, my little nigger servant girl, and Mr. Ooh, yaas,Creasman went on throatily, adding a broad stroke or two on her ownaccount.
And when he got to the door, there was no one, nothing there.
Theyre decent enough girls, most ofem, until they come here and listen to you for a month or two. I thought he was goin to pass right outbefoah we got away from theah!
Just a little case of carcinoma of the prostate. You may be right, she nodded seriously again.
Oh, its not that I mind doing it for Papa, she said morequietly.
Ill saygood-bye to you without hard feelings.
Instead, he took it out in words and,scowling at her, said with brutal directness:Look here! For a moment he felt the sudden brutal anger that one sometimesfeels toward a contrary child. Now go on back to sleep, honey, and try to get somerest before you have to get up. And on the desk there was a stack of letters which had also beendelivered to him the day before.
Some day well have a chanceto lead our own lives together. Look here, she said, in a hard and quiet voice, whats wrongwith you?
For Gods sake, are you nevergoing to grow up, McGuire?