discuss-gnu-electric

AW: design rules / flatten layout

From: ns
Subject: AW: design rules / flatten layout
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:23:13 +0100 (CET)

> >What do I have to do to flatten the layout, is it possible?
>
> You can flatten layout by "extract"ing cell instances.  However, it
> is rarely needed, because all tools that want flat layout do the
> flattening themselves.

But an extracted layout is for LVS only and can not be edited. (right?)
I try to explain the difference between "extract"ing and what I meant:
If I need little changes of the layout in only one special placement of
a cell (move a wire in one metal-layer), is it possible to flatten layout

of only that cell-placement in order to edit the geometry here only (not
in the other placements of the cell) in layout-editor?

Norbert Schmidt