discuss-gnu-electric

Re: ERC check

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: ERC check
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:47:29 -0700

1. ERC check must be used or can be ignored?

The ERC checks the substrates (well and select) which the DRC does not completely check. Not only does ERC check the spacings on these layers, but it checks that there are appropriate contacts in each of the areas and reports other potentially useful information about them.

2. P-well and P-well between facets are too closed
after tested under ERC. What is the best solution for
this problem.

If there is a small gap, then you should run the p-well to the edge of the facets so that they form a single continuous area. If this isn't possible, add "pure-layer nodes" of P-well at the higher level of hierarchy in the area where the facets interface.

3. ALS simulation for large circuit produces error but
when I simulate the sub-circuit individually there was
no error. I just want to know the capability of the
simulator.

Although ALS is the only built-in simulator that is shipped with Electric, the IRSIM simulator is more accurate. It is available as a free "extras" download from Static Free Software. Tuukka Toivonen mentioned this, and he is right. The current version works fine from the graphical interface.

   -Steven Rubin