discuss-gnu-electric

Re: help

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: help
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:46:26 -0700

I have downloaded the electric 6.06, but when I build the .dsw file ( windows installation,/VC++ 6.0 ) ,i get an error stating that "..\electric-6.06\src\graph\electric.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015:cannot open include file 'afxres.h'.Error executing rc.exe."I have tried using the .mak file.this file produces a debug directory but leaves it empty!Please suggest a remedy.(the afxres.h file is present).

When opening the ".mak" file, you have to build the project to get it to populate the debug directory.  When opening the ".dsw" file, can you then switch to the "resource view" and see the various icons and cursors?  If not, then you may have unpacked the "tarball" incorrectly.  Check the settings and be sure that the line ending conventions are correct.

    -Steven Rubin