discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Electric on Mac OS-X?

From: Peck Dickens
Subject: Re: Electric on Mac OS-X?
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 00:51:26 -0400

On Fri, 18 May 2001 22:22:43 -0700
Steven Rubin <address@hidden> Scribbled with authority:

> I have to agree.  Nobody has reported an OS-X port to me, and I haven't got
> an OS-X system yet.  I'm curious to know if the old Mac version works under
> the Classic interpreter.

In the event Dan decides to give the the port a try, the task itself will be a
good measurement of how closely Mr. Jobs and company adhered to the UNIX roots
of BSD (Which OS-X is based on). All in the same, I don't think they could have
wandered too far off from BSD's UNIX roots... Fortunately, doing that is harder
than it looks ;-)  So, in the event OS-X is truely BSD UNIX under the hood,
the GUI is, I fear, another story (A very long one...). IMHO, this is where the
rubber is gonna grindingly hit the road.

With that said: I am interested in the mechanics of the port (In the event of
success)... I like PPC's.

Best

M. Peck Dickens