directvnc-user

Re: [Directvnc-user] compiling on Debian/PPC for iMac hardware

From: Till Adam
Subject: Re: [Directvnc-user] compiling on Debian/PPC for iMac hardware
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:06:39 +0200

On Monday 18 August 2003 08:42, Stefan Nickl wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > Has anybody actually succeeded at this?  If yes, please describe the
> > exact versions of GCC, libs, etc. used. Here, it compiles, but spurts a
> > bunch of error messages when I run it.
>
> I ran it recently, not on a Mac, but on an embedded PPC board (mpc8245).
>
> No real compile problems on a recent Gentoo (gcc 3.2.something).
>
> I only had to apply some endian fixes that would lead to
> a) no vnc-connection
> b) swapped colors
> (see http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/directvnc-user/2003-07/threads.html)
> No reaction from the maintainer whatsoever.

I have to apologize, I have been sadly neglecting this baby, I'm afraid.

Ok, there are some unreleased fixes in cvs and there's the endianess stuff I
haven't looked at yet. I'd be willing to do a release integrating that in the
next few days provided you guys on this list help me out a bit with
packaging, testing, etc. There are a few folks on this list and at least one
or two have expressed interest in helping with directvnc, so this would be a
good opportunity to get involved. If someone steps up, I'd happily pass on
maintainership or, failing that, release coordinator responsibility for
directvnc. Any and all help is appreciated. This is a very small project with
a small user base, as far as I can tell, and I'm very much busy with other
projects so it doesn't really have the highest priority for me. If you feel
it deserves better, please consider stepping up and taking responsibility.
There are certainly a bunch of improvements that could be made.

Cheers,

Till