directvnc-user

Re: [Directvnc-user] compiling on Debian/PPC for iMac hardware

From: Stefan Nickl
Subject: Re: [Directvnc-user] compiling on Debian/PPC for iMac hardware
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:42:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> Has anybody actually succeeded at this?  If yes, please describe the exact
> versions of GCC, libs, etc. used. Here, it compiles, but spurts a bunch of
> error
> messages when I run it.

I ran it recently, not on a Mac, but on an embedded PPC board (mpc8245).

No real compile problems on a recent Gentoo (gcc 3.2.something).

I only had to apply some endian fixes that would lead to
a) no vnc-connection
b) swapped colors
(see http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/directvnc-user/2003-07/threads.html)
No reaction from the maintainer whatsoever.

CU, SN

--
The UNIX equivalent of the "Blue Screen of Death" would be called
"kernel panic". It obviously exists, since I have heard and read about it,