Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] The App School – Crea tive Innovation Lab

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] The App School – Crea tive Innovation Lab
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:56:58 +0000

Stephen Mount wrote:
Aged between 18 & 24?

I don't understand this, surely it should be any young people? no point restricting the age if it's just ideas, if it's a young people orientated event / whatever, then surely it should be UNDER.
I mean, there's a 12 year old that's made a million quid out of an iPhone
application, right? The Chinese are leading the pack with young people (there's
loads of them more intelligent than us UK people!)

They've now got a fluffy new website:
http://www.appschool.co.uk/

In other news, people blogging about it[1] are perhaps missing where it is losing it's potential (that there are loads of opportunities if you are 18-25 so long as you look past the end of you nose and that very little will encourage that 15yro)

Tim

[1] http://innovationmcr.wordpress.com/2010/02/15/supporting-talent-at-the-manchester-app-school/