Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] 30under30

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] 30under30
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:30:03 +0000

Paul Sutton wrote:
> Stephen Mount wrote:
>> Initial thoughts:-
>
>> Vibe Bar
>> The Truman Brewery
>> 91 Brick Lane
>> E1 6QL London
>> United Kingdom
>
>> That basically means no under 18s are allowed to the event. Wish bars
>> would operate& I won't continue this, I'll end up bad mouthing on the
>> list ;-)
>
>> Also, it's in London. Why doesn't Manchester have this sort of thing.
>> 30under-not-in-london-thanks-30.co.uk
>> <http://30under-not-in-london-thanks-30.co.uk>
>

> Agreed,  ok I am over 30,  but why can't we havce events down this end
> of the country and I don't mean Bristol,  everything stops at bristol,
> exeter / plymouth would make ideal venues,  adn people can get to those
> places, oh perhaps truro,  for anyone in cornwall.

hmmm I got this response: https://twitter.com/GrahamBM/statuses/7496314798
I'm amused that u30 is considered "young" in the teaching

I think the u18 point is much more worthy of answer though tbh.

However, lets not focuses too much on ripping it to shreds, who is
innovating in edutech, how can we point them towards digital and issues
regarding freedom?

Is anyone in DFEY actually doing anything worthy of an award?

Thoughts...