[Dfey-nw-discuss] [Fwd: [Manchester Girl Geek Dinners] Girl Geek Afterno

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] [Fwd: [Manchester Girl Geek Dinners] Girl Geek Afternoon Tea - Sunday 6/12 @ Madlab Manchester]
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:44:49 +0000

hey,

Just a reminder.

This is today.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Manchester Girl Geek Dinners] Girl Geek Afternoon Tea - Sunday
6/12    @ Madlab Manchester
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:15:42 +0000
From: Samantha Bail <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Hello everyone!

What could be better on a Sunday afternoon then a nice cup of tea, yummy
biscuits, a good chat and... GEEKERY! Yes Ladies, the Girl Geek Dinner
has got a little sister - Girl Geek Afternoon Tea!

Similar to the good ol' GG Dinner, but held on a family friendly Sunday
afternoon. This is your chance to have a cup of tea and a geeky chat,
meet new people, hear some interesting talks and take part in fun tech
related workshops for all skills levels (there may be snorkels,
screwdrivers and partitioning tools involved...maybe.)

The first Afternoon Tea will be a Show & Tell - so bring something
really cool and fun that you would like to show to others. This could be
anything, from ancient knitting techniques to mad hacking skills - no
need to prepare formal slides, a few of minutes of live action will do!

When: Sunday, 6 December 2009 - 2pm to 4pm
Where: Madlab Manchester, 36-40 Edge Street (Northern Quarter)
How much? Free!

We're going to keep it rather informal, so pop in and bring
- your favourite mug (spare teapots / cafetieres would be helpful, too)
- your favourite tea or coffee (we'll have proper "tea" tea, milk and
sugar, but if you prefer something more fancy... :)
- BYOB - bring your own biscuits to share with your fellow girl geeks
(rumour has it we'll have cake...oooh!)

And, last but certainly not least - bring someone along who wouldn't
normally come to a Girl Geek Dinner! Any friends, colleagues, junior
girl geeks, sisters, mums,... are welcome!

To give us an idea of the number of people we can expect, we would ask
you to sign up if you're planning on coming:
http://girlgeektea.eventbrite.com/
Spontaneous visitors are always welcome anyway, of course!

Any questions? Post to the list or email me or Gem!

Hope to see you all there!

Thanks to Madlab for being so kind to offer us their space in the
Northern Quarter - you're awesome!

PS:  And what about men? Same rules as for the GG Dinners apply - if
you've got a girl geek as a date, you're welcome! :)