[Dfey-nw-discuss] Aye Aye! Thar is an Announcement, me hearties!

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Aye Aye! Thar is an Announcement, me hearties!
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 23:43:59 +0100

Happy Software Freedom Day!

an' ah'll bid ye a happy talk like a Pirate Day! Yar!!

...on a more serious note, we have a few announcements!

DFEY has grown quite remarkably in the last year; the DFEY-NW group has met up in real life; we've been as a group to several cool events; we grown a logo and we also managed to agree on the design for the front page of a website without "cutlassing" each other!

However, we have not only grown in what we do, but we've grown in where are. People all over the UK have found out about DFEY, through a friend, through the web, though IRC and have got involved.

Up until now, apart from the major events, there has been relatively little activity in terms of local DFEY events outside the North West.

This has changed.

Local groups have formed in the South East (London) and another in the South West (Devon/Cornwall) is likely to soon establish itself.

So whilst we are familiar with:

DFEY-NW (Manchester) Discussion and conversation:

I would like to announce the follow:

DFEY-SE (London) Discussion and conversation:

DFEY-SW (West Country) Discussion and conversation:

In addition to the new local groups discussion lists, there is also a new general discussion list specifically for country wide and discussion about DFEY.

DFEY General discussion and conversation mailing list: