[Dfey-nw-discuss] YRS mailing list

From: Tim Dobson
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 00:46:49 +0100

this might be interestinng

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [RewiredState Projects] Re: Number of things
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:24:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Darling <address@hidden>
To: Rewired State <address@hidden>

I've set up http://groups.google.com/group/youngrewiredstate

I've also removed the spam from this group, and set it to moderate on
first post.

James

On Aug 28, 10:56 pm, Dave Durant <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Does this list get much traffic? Looks like it's mostly spam at the
moment...

Anyway - who runs the Rewired State site? A number of the kids at YRS
would have liked to carry on the conversations started there but it
wasn't really encouraged.

What would be ideal would be PHPBB or some other forum on the site.

I've been suggesting for some time that what would be really excellent
would be a SourceForge-esque site for Rewired State type projects. At
the moment there is the site at DirectGov (http://
innovate.direct.gov.uk/apps/list) and the MySociety site (https://
secure.mysociety.org/cvstrac/dir?d=mysociety) but nothing easy for the
kids to use.

I've got contacts at both CollabNet and the Jazz folks at IBM who
might be interested in helping out.

The other thing I'd really like to see would be an easy way for
experienced coders to mentor people who want to get involved in this
kind thing.

Thoughts?

David Durant