[Dfey-nw-discuss] Young Rewired State

From: Stephen Mount
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Young Rewired State
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:16:57 +0100

Dear All,

I can't recommend enough Young Rewired State - I've been meaning to find an event like this where it's orientated at this age, and seems to be at the perfect sort of venue for hacking!!

Anyway, looking over the spec of who should come along - I think most of us have hacked up HTML/CSS pages, played with various languages, and know our ways around the OS X command line *snigger*.

So - essentially it's an event aimed at our sort of group. Not a subsection of people who want to turn around and monetise using government data - as we all know we're not that type of people and haven't been brainwashed by this mass web 2.0 bandwagon!

At the end of the day, I have been informed that if you're outside the M25 (London) ring - you are eligible to claim back your expenses/cost to come down to YRS - which is of course, brilliant.

Tim is kindly organising a hotel in London for us paid by YRS - If you're interested, please do modify the wiki http://dfey.org/wiki/London,_August_2009#Unknown.3F (Thank god we have one nowadays, thanks RL)

Please come! It would be better to have a turn out of normal people instead of some of the characters I met last week at Tomorrow's Web (if you're normal and attended, I apologise ;-))

See you there (hopefully!),

Stephen.