[Dfey-nw-discuss] Re: [ORG-discuss] Young people ignoring attempts to co

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Re: [ORG-discuss] Young people ignoring attempts to combat illegal music downloading
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:53:09 +0100

Glyn Wintle wrote:
http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article6789409.ece

I read this in the paper this morning.

Don't me wrong, I'm not surprised by this it just seems to be a left hand, right hand situation when I read this a few days ago:
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/media/article6721167.ece
(Music industry grows 4% in the UK)

I don't appreciate young people being blamed for the music industries problems.

Evidently Mr. Sharkey needs to make sure what he is doing is relevant to young people and perhaps take a look at the larger picture rather than victimising a group who are mostly unable to hit back.

Tim