[Dfey-nw-discuss] Regular IRC meetings

From: Robert Leverington
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Regular IRC meetings
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:02:05 +0000

Hi,

I would like to propose having regular IRC meetings (e.g. two to three
times a month).  This would involve specifying a time (probably in the
evening) on one weekday, and everyone interested congregating in the
channel.  There would be a specified agenda and we would go through the
points and discuss them.  Minutes would then be produced by one of the
members and the decisions made actioned.

The rationale for this is that currently discussions can take several
weeks to actually come to a consensus, this is frustrating and wastes
time.  IRC meetings would result in all points being completely
discussed withing two to three hours.  IRC meetings have proven to work
with many other organisations including freenode and Wikimedia.
Real life meetings are nice, but obviously can't happen as often as IRC
ones can and also exclude people not in proximity to the location
(especially when talking about things that affect the whole of DFEY
rather than just individual branches).
--
Robert Leverington
http://rhl.me.uk/