Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Website - www.dfey.org

From: Robert Leverington
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Website - www.dfey.org
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 22:16:30 +0000

On 2009-07-27, Tim Dobson wrote:
> Concept One:
> Static front page. Blog for announcements, meeting announcements etc,
>
> Concept Two:
> No dynamic content - Static simplistic homepage with several links to
> simplistic pages off from it. Modelled on in concept, if not in
> implementation.

My personal opinion would be to use the latter, I don't think we'd have
enough regular updates for a blog and in any case it would probably just
go stale.  Furthermore an entirely static site will encourage discussion
about content.  Announcements could simply be listed on a page and
removed when they expire, or something of that nature.

Ideally all pages would use the same template though, otherwise it would
be far from professional.

--
Robert Leverington
http://rhl.me.uk/