Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] New wiki

From: Robert Leverington
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] New wiki
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:39:02 +0000

On 2009-07-27, Joe wrote:
> Oh christ...
> We decide we need a new website for fairly obscure reasons, one of which
> being the current idea of a wiki is somehow not good enough, spend about
> a week debating whether to use subdirectories or subdomains, come to the
> wrong conclusion, spend another week debating whether a shared hosting
> account is enough for us or whether we need a VPS, come to the wrong
> conclusion again, organize payment for the VPS, finally get the draft
> website up and running and hey, guess what? It's another freaking wiki.
> This whole cherade has been one epic facepalm.

Mainly echoing what others have said.

The wiki is not the website.

What we decided was that we would have a combined DFEY-NW and DFEY-SE
for organisation purposes, in conjunction with a front-facing site -
they serve very different purposes.

I set this up now because the actual website was taking longer than
anticipated to decide on, I was going to wait for the proper website to
be done first.

Yes, most of this discussion was in the wrong place, but we've been over
this already.

--
Robert Leverington
http://rhl.me.uk/