Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] CMS for website

From: Connor Smith
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] CMS for website
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:37:28 +0100

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 14:07 +0100, Rob Barry wrote:
> I personally think it is a bit of a waste of money.... The only real
> thing it's being used for atm is irssi over SSH. We could've got what
> we needed for about £20 per year in all honesty.... I don't think we
> ever really needed this much flexibility.
>
> As long as we have people willing to front the money though, i see no
> need to switch.

As people are willing to pay, and the pros outweigh the cons (which is
why the people who are paying for it are), I see no issue with our
having a VPS. The only argument I have seen put forward is it being
"overkill", which isn't a drawback in and of itself.

Clearly it is useful to certain members of the community, and as they
are those who are paying for it, Dogfish could perhaps be viewed as a
gift which they are providing to the rest of us free of charge - and, in
that light, I'm sure all of us who use it are grateful. And anyone who
doesn't use it doesn't need to care either way...

Thanks,

cls