Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] "DFEY Central"

From: Richard Thompson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] "DFEY Central"
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:02:18 +0100

2009/7/13 Rob Barry <address@hidden>
What i have to ask is why we need two seperate Wikis for what is essentially just one group? Why don't we just have one central wiki called the "DFEY Wiki" and then have NW and SE pages respectively. As it stands today all I can really see is quite a bit of duplication. You also run the risk of having a great page on one wiki just completely hidden from people unless they visit both the NW and SE wikis. They web isn't about geographically segregating people.

I agree with Rob here, I don't see the point in two separate wiki's

I'm just gonna dump some brief summaries from discussion in #dfey here:

We should have a simple main page which would be written in simple HTML, this could have links to the wiki and a blog. The SMP (Simple Main Page) would just contain a brief statement about who we (DFEY) are and what we do

People thought it would be better to integrate the two wiki's NW and SE. One idea involved making SE wiki the "DFEY" wiki, and gradually integrating bits from the NW wiki, as it appears the NW wiki is a bit of mess.

It was suggested that we should scrap sub-domains such as "wiki.dfey.org" for a simple directory structure "dfey.org/wiki" in order to make things simpler.

Folks weren't certain what to build the blog with, suggestions were: OpenBlag, Wordpress.
It was felt Drupal was a bit overkill for our requirements.

--
Richard Thompson