Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Website Design

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Website Design
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 18:08:37 +0100

I wonder if you could give us a sense of what level of website they are looking for.

I know a good number of local, talented developers but I wouldn't want to refer the wrong people.

I get the impression that your parents have a small business and just want to have a basic presence on the internet. I suspect they themselves aren't too clear on what they want but if you have some idea it'd help me recommend developers who wouldn't be overkill or fairly inexperienced in that area.

I know exactly your position - my parents were bugging me about this kind of stuff for a while and I made it clear I didn't want to be the one doing it - it's bad enough maintaining a good working relationship with pushy clients - if they are your parents it's twice as bad as there's no escape!

I'd be interested to hear what you go for in the end... :)

Tim

Isabell Long wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a good website designer.  My parents have been going
on for months about how they need a website for their business and I
decided to ask you for some help in finding something.  I know some of
you either design them yourselves (for others?) or know some good
companies that do (cheaply?).  I'm thinking of using SilentFlame for
web hosting as they're very cheap and reliable (and I know the
founder) to maybe get the website on the internet.  It all depends on
who we find that my parents are okay with to design the website
(according to their requirements).

Thanks, hope to get some responses soon!

Isabell