Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Young Rewired State

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Young Rewired State
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 21:48:11 +0100

Robert Leverington wrote:
On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 07:59:03PM +0100, Connor Smith wrote:
I'll turn up if DFEY decides to make it an "outing".

I suppose it depends on if there are too many people wanting placements.
It also requests that people signing up should have a degree of
programming ability, and that might not apply to everyone at DFEY.

They claim to be aiming at an age group from 15+.
As as far as I know, DFEY is the only group of it's kind, I should think the programming abilities of a non-technical 15year old involved in DFEY will probably still outweigh the programming abilities of the average teenager not involved in DFEY.

I don't know but I imagine most people involved or interested in DFEY would have the level of technical experience needed. I'll invite the organisers to join the list anyway - one has said he will be there 2morro btw - perhaps they can answer some questions.

Let's see how 2morro goes, and then perhaps we'll see if there is anywhere/anyone who can help the North-West contingent make an appearance.

It's a pity to be honest it's not in the North-West (well from my point of view at least!), we'll have to see if we can kick start some of the larger stuff up here. :)

I think it's meant to be a youth version of the rewird state conference they ran earlier this year -there's information about the 'adult' version on the web but I haven't read it.

Tim