[Dfey-nw-discuss] Liverpool LUG Meeting - 1st July - Tim Dobson: Engagin

From: Andrew Williams
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Liverpool LUG Meeting - 1st July - Tim Dobson: Engaging Young People in Technology
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:54:52 +0100

Liverpool Linux User Group - Tim Dobson: DFEY
Wednesday July 1, 2009 from 7:00pm - 8:00pm

Liverpool Social Centre
96 Bold Street
Liverpool, England L1 4HY
Date: 1st July 2009
Location: Liverpool Social Centre, 96 Bold Street, Liverpool
Speaker: Tim Dobson

Liverpool Linux User Group are a group of Linux and open source software users
that meet on the first Wednesday of the month. If no talk is organised then we
will usually organise a “open stage” for people
to discuss projects, current news, or just to rant.

Main Talk
Tim Dobson - Engaging Young People in Technology

This month’s talk will be given by Tim Dobson from DFEY-NW. He will be talking
about what "Digital Freedom in Education and Youth(DFEY)" is all about and how
free software communites can engage with young
people. He'll then open the floor to questions. This talk will be filmed and
posted online under a Creative Commons Licence.

Tim is an active member of the Manchester Free Software group and is well known
at many other technical events. Having just finished his A levels, in his spare
time, he enjoys dinghy sailing.

Open Stage
After the main talk the stage will be opened for anyone to pimp their current
projects or give a short talk about any subject.

Usually, we will meet up in “The Old Ropewalk” pub before the meeting, then
head out to the event around 7:00pm. The Liverpool Social Centre is two doors
up from Forbidden Planet and is the right-hand door
at the front of “News From Nowhere”. Check the window for a handy Liverpool LUG
sign, which will indicate we are there and not still at the pub. Press the
white doorbell for access (the one marked
basement) and someone will come up and open the door for you.

After the talks we will usually stay in the meeting area for a while then head
out to a local pub, depending on recommendations of the night it maybe The
Welkin at the bottom of Lord Street.

If you have any difficulties finding the event, please ring a contact number on
the website.

Website: http://livlug.org.uk
Upcoming: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/2853335/

--