[Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY @ 2morro Festival :: Info & Details

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY @ 2morro Festival :: Info & Details
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:32:52 +0000

Hey there,

We have 9 people from DFEY going to 2morro Festival in London a week today. If you'd still like to go but aren't on the list[1], I suggest you contact me ASAP but sadly the deadline has been and past... :-/

On Friday, I had a meeting with Steven from substance.coop and I now have a better grasp of the situation:

* Substance have offered to buy train tickets for all those coming from Manchester and has also very generously offered to buy train tickets for Rob in Wolverhampton & Connor in Bristol. * I'll be meeting Steven on Monday to pick up tickets for those traveling from Manchester
  * We'll snail-mail Connor & Rob tickets.
* For Manchester people, we will be meeting early on Saturday morning at Manchester Piccadilly station. * I'll sort out the details regarding times as soon as I have the tickets however I suspect we'll be meeting shortly after 7am & returning between about 8pm and 9pm.

* I need to provide Steven with everyone's email address so you can get access to some 'special parts' of the festival website. * If this is a problem, or you'd prefer me to pass on a specific address please let me know, otherwise I'll pass on what ever you subscribe to the list with.

* Substance have a large allocation of tickets for 2morro and are very happy for us to be making use of them.

* Substance have suggested that someone will be available to help the Manchester contingent get across London to the festival. Rob & Connor may need to make their own way there or meet up with us.

* I am told Food will be provided at the event.

* I am told that there will be unproblematic power and wifi throughout the venue to feel free to bring your laptops (at your own risk etc.) (those who have been to some of the past DFEY-NW meetings will know the 'fun' we've had getting power & wifi in some places!)

* If anyone's parents are concerned about who or why you are going to London and you would like to put their mind at rest, Steven has let me know he would be happy to speak to them.
---

Obviously Substance are making quite a sizable contribution in terms of money, time and effort so I hope everyone can make a real effort to get out of bed and get to the station in time on Saturday morning. ;)

I'll pass on more information as soon as I have it or it is decided.

Cheers

Tim

The festival timetable is at
http://2morro09.sched.org/
Stuff starts at 10am, and then finishes at 6pm

[1] http://nw.dfey.org/wiki/Meetings/July_09