Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY SE

From: Connor Smith
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] DFEY SE
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:43:55 +0100

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:59:50 +0100
Paul Sutton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I organise meets for the Devon and cornwall Lug,  in general we have
> people at the meet of all ages,  some are at uni,  some are retired,
> however we all get on really well,  and some members have very good
> knowledge of subjects.
>
> I know at the bar b que last year,  one of the members who is invovled
> in debian development (embedded) was advising one of our younger
> members on C,

I'm sure a healthy mix of young and older people would be great.
Unfortunately, it seems to be common that there are only one or two
young people, so they feel somewhat isolated, or looked down upon...
That was one of the reasons why DFEY was originally founded, if I
remember correctly. I think teen groups have their place, too, even if
its members also attend a mixed-age group. I suspect the general vibe
of the meetings would be very different.

cls