Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Good for free software.

From: Rob Barry
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Good for free software.
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:29:44 +0100

Well, I don't think Sugar is the greatest of interfaces to be quite honest, perhaps it could be better to just distribute bunty on a stick, I think they already do in some places. The most important thing here I think is that it got onto the BBC news website, a bit more high profile than usual; I just fear  people will see the relatively simplistic interface of Sugar and assume that all Linux distributions are like that and be put off from trying Linux again. I think it's basically a bit of hype over nothing tbh :P