[Dfey-nw-discuss] 2morro festival - free tickets

From: Steven Flower
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] 2morro festival - free tickets
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:10:40 +0100

Hello everyone

First let me declare that I am not a teenager. I work for substance.coop, based in Manchester. The project I work on is called Plings - about Places to Go, Things to Do data/information on activities for teenagers. I recently gave a talk at the Manchester Free Software, which Tim kindly videoed ( http://ur1.ca/5vqj ) !!

We are involved in the 2morro festival ( http://www.2morro.org/ ), which will take place in central London on the 4th July, that states:

"Our generation want a better world. 2morro 09 will be the biggest ever festival in the UK for young people interested in changing the world and getting heard. Learn how to use technology and media to run your campaigns better, showcase and share your plans for a better future, and join us for a packed day where you can debate, explore and celebrate new possibilities."

We will have stuff going on at the festival, alongside lots of other activities. The reason I am emailing the list is that we have a limited number of tickets available, which we would like to offer to members of the list who are 16-24 (sorry, those are the 2morro rules!). We also realise that trekking down to London can be an expensive process, so substance are also willing to provide day return tickets from Manchester (or elsewhere in the NW if we can) for people - the sooner you can let us know, the quicker we can book tickets!

Why are we doing this? Well, we are partners in 2morro, but also a locally based workers cooperative. We think people from the NW should have the opportunity to attend and take part.

If people are interested, then either contact me or the list and we can take it from there. Would be best to know of numbers by 25th June ideally

Thanks

Steven

--
==================