[Dfey-nw-discuss] Need to be inspired?

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Need to be inspired?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:03:33 +0100

I was just looking at the options for creating animations on the web with a GUI using only free software and I came across this project:

http://antimatter15.110mb.com/ajaxanimator

"A project of mine to build a fully standards-based, online, collaborative, web-based animation suite. Its original goal was to be a usable Flash IDE alternative, but has evolved into a cross-platform/cross-format animation tool, primed to support Animated GIFs, SWF (Flash), SVG Animations, and more. It is currently built using Javascript and PHP."

It's GPL v3 - http://code.google.com/p/ajaxanimator/

When you take a look at it it's a fairly impressive web application allowing you to create fairly intricate, media rich animations without having to get stuck into the code if it isn't your thing.

The amazing bit is that the developer is 13 and started writing it when he was 11 - http://antimatter15.110mb.com/wp/?p=365

I'd say that is something to be proud of!

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net
----