[Dfey-nw-discuss] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Fwd: Announcement: Join the OLPCorps:Af

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] [Fwd: [GeekUp] Fwd: Announcement: Join the OLPCorps:Africa]
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:17:24 +0000

thoughts?

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:15:44 +0000
From: Robert Burrell Donkin <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

good for the world
good for the CV

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Seth Woodworth posted an announcement to the cause One Laptop per Child (OLPC).

----------------
Active students spark revolutions and inspire movements. Our education
movement is no different. With this in mind, we have started the
OLPCorps Africa project. We are equipping teams of students from
around the world with 100 XOs, hardware, training, and financial
support to expand learning in Africa for children ages 6-12. We’re
looking for agents of change capable of leading the first global
grassroots movement in learning.

Student-led teams will:

* travel to one of the 53 African countries of their choosing for 9-10 weeks
* participate in a 10-day orientation in Kigali, Rwanda at OLPC’s office
* receive a $10,000 (USD) stipend to cover operating costs
* deploy 100 XO laptops, including hardware and support
* collaborate with up to 100 other teams as part of a life-long global
network empowering a generation of children
* send one representative to MIT/OLPC’s all-expense paid summit from
Oct 10th-12th 2009

For more information, or to apply, please visit:
http://laptop.org/en/participate/get-involved/OLPCorps.shtml

View Announcement - Invite Friends

Thanks,
The Causes Team

Stop receiving emails from this cause

---
This email was sent by Causes. You can disable emails here.