Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Petition for free software in schools

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Petition for free software in schools
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:13:54 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Petition to pass around
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:18:50 +0000
From: MJ Ray <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Ian Lynch <address@hidden> wrote:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/nonMSschools/

Various LUGs are criticising the wording of this, but I think it's
broadly a good idea.  There's also
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/gcserealcomp
which is more general but could still support FOSS in a big way:

  "We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Expand the GCSE
  curriculum to include a "real" computing skills course."

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)