[Dfey-nw-discuss] Liverpool LUG Meeting - 4th February @ Liverpool Socia

From: Andrew Williams
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Liverpool LUG Meeting - 4th February @ Liverpool Social Centre
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:47:52 +0000

Liverpool LUG Meeting
4th February 2009 @ 7:00pm
Liverpool Social Centre, 96 Bold St, Liverpool, L1

This month is a little different, thanks to the Liverpool Social
Centre we have a meeting space available to use for this and future
meetings.

This months talk will be given by Vladimir Jakubovskij and is
regarding his recent research paper "Open Source perspective: The
current situation with online music piracy and the future of free
music distribution". Vladimir will be discussing the topics in his
paper at the talk. The paper will be published under the CC license at
a later date.

If Vladimir is unable to give the talk for some reason or another,
Then Joanne Roberts will (hopefully) have a quick talk devised on Open
Street Map.

This will be our first meeting at the Liverpool Social Centre on Bold
Street. Access is currently through the door next to the News From
Nowhere bookshop entrance. Ring the doorbell (the small white one to
the left of the main buzzer) for admittance. If you have any
difficulties finding the event, please call 07530 709 263. I'll be in
Liverpool quite early to make arrangements and organise things.

Afterwards, we'll head to a local drinking hole for a few off topic
drinks and banter.

The Liverpool Social Centre is a non-profit volunteer ran operation
who usually charge for their space, but they've offered this location
on a free basis in return of support for their compute cluster. For
the first month it would be good to give a small donation of £5-£10
from the group to cover costs, so if you could bring 50p or so to
donate they would appreciate it. For more details about the location
check the website [1].

Hope to see you all there

[1] http://www.liverpoolsocialcentre.org/

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1423957/