FLOSSIE WAS Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Fwd: [SC.LUG] [Fwd: FLOSSIE Conference

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: FLOSSIE WAS Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Fwd: [SC.LUG] [Fwd: FLOSSIE Conference 2009 - dates announced]]
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 21:51:42 +0100

Lucy wrote:
I thought this might be of interest to some members.

I saw this on Schoolsforge-uk actually and it immediately set me thinking

<snip>

 FLOSSIE [1] does a great job of getting education decision makers
 informed about GNU/Linux in schools. Please forward this to
 your education contacts.

 <snip>

 Sustainable ICT in Schools - Beyond the PC

 2 day conference  - Birmingham 12th-13th February 2009

Is anyone other than me interested in going?

>  Full details at: http://www.schoolforge.org.uk/index.php/FLOSSIE_2009
>  Registration is available at the early bird rate of £70 through Paypal
>  for individuals or invoiced to schools or businesses at the full rate
>  £85.

If more of us are interested, I'm happy to email the relevant people and asking whether they would be willing to introduce a concessionary rate for those *on the receiving end* of full time education.

Obviously, I don't know if that will get us anywhere, but I for one can't spend 70 -> 85 pounds + accommodation + travel when I am unemployed and in full time education.

For those taking home a salary at the end of the month, I think things are different but these prices are evidently not aimed at us and so I think it is at least worth pointing out to the organisers that we find the price prohibitive.

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net
----