[Dfey-nw-discuss] [Fwd: [GeekUp] OLPC for sale]

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-nw-discuss] [Fwd: [GeekUp] OLPC for sale]
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:31:23 +0100

Anyone interested? :)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [GeekUp] OLPC for sale
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:41:16 +0100
From: Guy Dickinson <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

I bought an OLPC (the '$100 laptop') through the Give1get1 campaign
earlier this year.

As much as I love this thing; I've never had the opportunity to use it
beyond upgrading the OS and marvelling at the e-book reader mode...

I'm trying to divest myself of 'stuff' (a zenema, if you will :-s so
before I resort to ebay; is anyone interested in buying it?

I got a developer key, so its running the latest joyride version of
teh OS (it's had Ubuntu on it as well).

I've probably run through a dozen battery cycles if that...

I paid c. £250 all in with shipping etc (that included the donation),
so sensible offers approaching my cost would be nice :-)

Mail me off list...

cheers,

Guy.