Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Facebook Group

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Facebook Group
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 19:58:29 +0100

Benjamin Webb wrote:
2008/9/7 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:
Should we instead be discussing the data portability aspects of Facebook?

Yes, we should.

or does facebook being free software solve it - after all gmail messes with
it's user's data quite a lot too...

No, gmail is not ideal. I would love a free and open alternative that
worked as well. However, freedom of web services is a fringe issue
atm. So, just because facebook has its problems doesn't mean we
shouldn't use it, since it will be a very valuable way to find new
people.

Ok, considering facebook *is* free software, what objections to people have to a DFEY facebook group?

--
www.tdobson.net
----