Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Facebook Group

From: Benjamin Webb
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Facebook Group
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 11:14:10 +0100

2008/9/7 Tim Dobson <address@hidden>:

> Should we instead be discussing the data portability aspects of Facebook?

Yes, we should.

> or does facebook being free software solve it - after all gmail messes with
> it's user's data quite a lot too...

No, gmail is not ideal. I would love a free and open alternative that
worked as well. However, freedom of web services is a fringe issue
atm. So, just because facebook has its problems doesn't mean we
shouldn't use it, since it will be a very valuable way to find new
people.

--
Ben Webb - http://www.freedomdreams.co.uk/blog
Freedom Socks Podcast - http://freedomsocks.co.uk/