devilspie2-discuss

Re: [Devilspie2-discuss] surching an actual and complete devilspîe2 sam

From: Andreas Ronnquist
Subject: Re: [Devilspie2-discuss] surching an actual and complete devilspîe2 sample script
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 22:11:07 +0200

On Thu, 26 Sep 2019 19:10:36 +0200,
Marc<address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I installed devilspie2 WM on manjaro and it works fine except some
>"set-..."
>
>The pain is that on several websites, one finds different possible
>syntaxes sometimes a few years old (!):
>
>- which one is the actuel and running one?
>
>- where to find a complete sample scriptwith more than 1 application
>and different functions. All given samples are just "too simple and
>stupid", not realistic!
>
>For exemple
>
>if (get_application_name()=="gparted") then
>     set_window_geometry(200,100,1600,600);
>end
>
>is working fine, but the second application in the same script never
>starts on workspace 2.
>
>if (get_application_name()=="firefox") then
>     set_window_geometry(0,0,960,1080);
>     set_workspace(2)
>end

Hi!

And thanks for your interest in Devilspie2 - I am the last developer on
this project, and unfortunately I have more or less abandoned my
development on it.

Both this devilspie2 project with it's home on Savannah and the Debian
packaging is without a maintainer, and I would gladly leave both
projects to someone else to continue development.

Regarding this specific question that you ask there might be other
people on this mailinglist coming to your aid.

best regards
-- Andreas Rönnquist
address@hidden
address@hidden