dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] OS X compatibility patches

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] OS X compatibility patches
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 06:09:19 +0100

() Julian Graham <address@hidden>
() Thu, 26 Mar 2015 19:12:38 -0400

   It's been a while since I've had access to a Mac OS X machine
   and cycles to spend on compatibility work, so please forgive
   my delayed reponse!

No worries.  Those who do not must wait for those who do.

   I understand the desire to split up patch 0005 into something
   more digestible, but I'm not sure I fully understand your
   suggestion on how to do it.  Where should that local variable
   be introduced, and which counter within the `for' clause
   should it replace?  In case it's faster for you to look at
   source code, here's my attempt at the "preparation" patch:

   [patch]

Yes, that's what i had in mind (but w/ more glaring comments,
please, so that Someone is not tempted to "elide the constant
variable" -- not that there will be a huge window of opportunity
for such, but better safe than sorry).

   Does that get at what you were talking about?

Yes.  The figure of merit will be how minimal (precise) the
payload patch will be, as a result of the preparation patch.

--
  (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: