Re: windows 64 bit build needs debugging

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: windows 64 bit build needs debugging
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 12:22:20 +0000

On Sun, 2023-11-19 at 19:50 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Richard,
> I managed to build denemo with mxe using 64bit target. It is using
> guile 3.0.7 because I had trouble getting the lesser versions
> compiled. Here is the link. I compiled with --enable-debug which
> should add the -g and -O0 to the compiler. I had trouble debugging it
> mostly because I don't know what I am doing with wine-dbg.
> https://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/denemo-snapshot/denemo-2023-11-19.zip

I've run this on a windows laptop under gdb with break points set on
main() and inner_main(). It executes ok until the call to
scm_with_guile() at line 456 of main.c.
When I try to step into scm_with_guile() four threads exit with code 3
and it's game over.
Reading the documentation* for Guile 3 it seems that guile should
initialize its global state and then call our inner_main() function. As
inner_main() is never reached it means the initialization of Guile is
crashing.
HTH,
Richard
*https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Initialization.html