Re: glissandi control

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: glissandi control
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2023 08:38:41 +0100

On Thu, 2023-08-31 at 09:51 -0700, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I would like to control the glissandi as they should point from one
> note
> directly to another.

Well, that is what the command

Command: Glissando
Inserts a glissando (portamento, slide), a line joining the notehead of
this and the next note. You may need to displace the following note
horizontally to make the gliss marking visible enough.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Markings ▶ Text/Symbol
Internal Name: Glissando

does, I notice it also does the simplest sort of glissando for chords.
For more complex cases (e.g. chords with crossing gliss) you will need
to insert the needed LilyPond syntax described at:

https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.24/Documentation/notation/expressive-marks-as-lines#index-glissando-1

which you can do in the LilyPond view (or using Directives->Insert
LilyPond).

Once you have found the right syntax to insert for some particular use,
you could create a command or palette button to insert it or publish it
on this list so I can take care of that.

HTH
Richard