Re: .denemo files disappearing from Music directory.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: .denemo files disappearing from Music directory.
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 17:17:49 +0000

On Fri, 2023-03-24 at 10:12 +0100, Sandra Carral wrote:
> Dear Mr. Shann,
>
> thanks for your fast reply. I don't have any custom installation and
> do
> not perform automatic backups either. Only the standard regular
> Ubuntu
> updates. Maybe Ubuntu expects only certain file types in the Music
> directory, and every so often automatically deletes anything that it
> doesn't recognise.

This is highly unlikely. If Ubuntu were to automatically move files to
a different place I would be amazed, but deleting files, surely not.
Do you know how to locate .denemo files? The command

cd && find . -name '*.denemo'

issued in a terminal should list all the .denemo files you have.

>  I created a subdirectory and saved a score I wrote
> yesterday there, and I will see if it's still there in a few weeks. I
> also uploaded it to my Google Drive, hopefully it will stay there.
>
> I have already lost so many scores,

Is that to say that you noticed some files were missing, but others
still present, and later more files missing? That is, you have noticed
more than one deletion episode occur. And no other types of files have
vanished? As I say, there are no commands in Denemo which result in a
denemo file being deleted, you have to use the operating system to do
that.

Richard
BTW please use "Group Reply" or "Reply to All" so that those searching
the mailing list archives can follow the thread. Although in this case
nothing like this has turned up in the 20 years I've been following the
Denemo mailing list, so it may be something unique to your set up :(