Re: Error on arch+wayland with 2.6

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Error on arch+wayland with 2.6
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 14:07:31 +0000

On Thu, 2023-03-02 at 14:13 +0100, Søren Waaben Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
> Tried IRC, but no answer so far:
I've only got an intermittent connection to Libera.Chat #denemo ... I
don't see messages left there :(

> ---
> hey, I can't get denemo up and working on arch with wayland.
> Installed 2.6 from AUR and lilypond from community
> ---
> Denemo data expected in /usr/share/denemo/
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Loading preference file: /home/soren/.denemo-
> 2.6.0/denemorc
> Running lilypondLog level set to 287
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Audio driver is 'default'
> Denemo - WARNING : Unknown audio backend 'default'
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing dummy audio backend
> Denemo - MESSAGE : MIDI driver is 'default'
> Denemo - WARNING : Unknown MIDI backend 'default'
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing dummy MIDI backend
> Gdk-Message: 14:06:19.621: Unable to load x_cursor from the cursor
> theme
> Gdk-Message: 14:06:19.621: Unable to load target from the cursor
> theme
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Denemo version 2.6.0
> Gdk-Message: 14:06:20.003: Unable to load umbrella from the cursor
> theme
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Loaded keymap
> /usr/share/denemo/actions/Default.commands
>   GLib - CRITICAL: g_string_assign: assertion 'string != NULL' failed
> Running lilypondLog level set to 287
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Set TogglePlaybackToolbar to inactive
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Set ToggleMidiInToolbar to inactive
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Set ToggleToolbar to active
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Set ToggleRhythmToolbar to active
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Set TogglePrintView to active
> Denemo - MESSAGE : Set ToggleObjectMenu to active
> Log level set to 287
> advarsel: ingen sådan intern indstilling: gui
>
> the last error message is probably the problem, the one in danish -
> meaning warning: no such internal setting: gui

No, that message is innocent, it is because -dgui has been dropped in
LilyPond 2.24 but the option was only there for running under Windows
anyway.
The other messages too are (unfortunately) not indicative of anything
unusual.

It does indicate that the program got as far as running LilyPond on
what I presume is a blank score. But I'm guessing that the actual
display never happened? That is all the GTK stuff doesn't happen?

> my setup is arch, wayland, sway (i3 on wayland-ish). Other xorg
> programs works.

Does the flatpak version work?