Tighter/looser spacing - fitting onto fewer pages

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Tighter/looser spacing - fitting onto fewer pages
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:34:22 +0000

Until now the only command readily available in Denemo for fitting
music onto fewer pages was

Command: Set Total Number of Pages
Forces the score to be typeset onto the number of pages you choose.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score ▶ Typesetter ▶ Print Layout
Internal Name: SetPageCount

It turns out that you get much better control if you also specify the
total number of systems (i.e. "lines") in the typeset. This will guide
LilyPond to use tighter/looser horizontal spacing. So I've added

Command: Set Total Number of Systems
Fixes the number of systems ("lines") of music to be used for this
movement.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score ▶ Typesetter ▶ Print Layout
Internal Name: SetSystemCount

To make this convenient I've added a command to show the total number
of pages and systems in the current typeset:

Command: Display Page and System Counts
Shows the total number of pages and total number of systems in the
Print View (as a watermark at the top).
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score ▶ Typesetter ▶ Print Layout
Internal Name: DisplayPageAndSystemCounts

this can be left on - it doesn't print and makes juggling number of
pages/systems easier.